Do you have:
- Low sex drive
- Lack of vitality
- A feeling that your better days are behind you
- A persistent mental fog
- Slow recovery from exercise
- Decreased response to exercise
- Lack of desire to get up and do something
- Depression or anxiety
- Decreased confidence
- Loss of muscle mass
- Increase in fat mass
- Type 2 diabetes, obesity, or metabolic syndrome
- Difficulty achieving an erection
- Loss of facial or body hair
- Moodiness, an unsettled feeling, or grumpiness
These are all signs or symptoms of low testosterone in men. While these can overlap with other conditions (particularly depression), it is crucial to rule out testosterone deficiency. This is particularly true of men over 40 as the prevalence of hypogonadism (low testosterone) rises from about 30 % at age 40 to over 50% at age 85. If you have type 2 diabetes, obesity, or metabolic syndrome, then the rates are much higher.
I have decide to launch a testosterone screening service that doesn't require an office visit for the folllowing reasons:
- Abundant misinformation regarding the risks of testosterone replacement is being distributed by the media and some physicians.
- There are clear, scientifically-validated benefits of testosterone replacement in deficient patients.
- In my opinion, if there are risks at all to testosterone replacement, they are outweighed by the benefits as long as the patient is actually deficient and has been screened by laboratory tests and physical examination.
It works like this:
- Sign up for the service by clicking on the link below
- Dr Edman will send you a prepaid lab order for testing at a local Quest Diagnostics.
- Once the results are available, schedule a 15 minute phone consultation with Dr Edman.
If your results are consistent with low testosterone, then you and Dr Edman will review your options for testosterone replacement.
If your lab results are not consistent with low testosterone, then you and Dr Edman will come up with a "game plan" to keep your testosterone levels at an acceptable level and discuss your next steps to resolve your specific issues.
Normally this service is $300. For a limited time, Dr Edman is reducing the price to $149. Purchase yours by click the following link: Low testosterone screen and consultation
I am looking forward to the year ahead and excited about helping you achieve your weight/health goals. I have rationalized and reorganized the practice in a manner that more consistent with the amount of service I deliver to you. I believe that this best serves the needs of all my patients and expedite their achievement of their desired results. I do strive for complete transparency in pricing, if you have any questions please contact me via email at email@example.com.
Changes effective January 2, 2017 are:
- All weight loss and testosterone replacement programs will require either a recurring monthly credit card/debit card fee or an upfront payment (length depends on program, refunds for unused portions will be granted).
- Visits will be in 30 minute blocks..
- No shows will be charged $50 to a credit card on file.
- Modest increase in pricing.
- Separate fee for prescriptions/treatment/advice outside of weight loss (cholesterol, hypertension, insomnia, testosterone, thyroid, female hormone replacement and other meds)
The biggest change will probably be for those patients who receive hormone replacement management within the context of a weight loss program. These fees are now separated to more accurately reflect the amount of service provided.
I may still make a few changes over the coming days, however, the prices will be "cast in stone" come January 2, 2017.
Please see the Pricing page for more details.
Wishing you the best of health and well-being for 2017.
We have just added a low testosterone screening quiz. If you suspect that you (or someone you know) may have low T, then take it now. While it is for men only, women should give a look over to see if their significant others may be suffering from low T. Click here to take it now.
While phone consults with Dr Edman have always been an option, we now have a more "formal" system for making them. Phone consults have been made an appointment type in the online scheduler.
Ideal for reviewing laboratory results and making medicine or lifestyle adjustment, phone consults avoid the necessity of coming into the office. They are also great for just getting to know Dr Edman or if you are not in the San Francisco Bay Area and want a consult on your lab results or a review of your treatment options. Currently, Dr Edman can consult with patients from California, Hawaii, Utah, and Washington.
Check them out on our Phone Consults page.
You can now schedule phone consults with the online scheduler. Thirty, forty-five or sixty minute appointments are available.
These appointments are appropriate for:
- Existing patients who would like the convenience of a phone consult and don't require controlled substances (phentermine and testosterone are the two most common).
- Patients who just wish a review of their lab results and issues and suggestions for treatment (no prescriptions).
Just go to the online scheduler and book your appointment now.